IT Support Job Requirements
An IT support technician is a professional who performs installation, configuration and maintenance of various hardware and software systems. In addition, s/he solves a wide number of hardware and software problems of the clients on-site, over the phone or by remote support.
IT Support As A Career Path
The IT support technicians are employed in the organizations, which provide information technology services to various government and private IT clients. These employees find jobs in many industries such as IT sector, telecommunication sector, finance sector, education sector and health care sector etc. The average annual salary for the IT professionals is $46,260.
The job responsibilities of an IT support technician are as follows:
- Assisting in the installation of new PCs, printers and other peripheral devices.
- Loading operating systems and configuring network settings for workstations.
- Performing standard repairs.
- Analyzing the failed equipment according to the established procedures and taking the appropriate action.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the security softwares.
- Logging the support calls and conducting the general diagnostic and troubleshooting functions.
Required Educational Profile For AnIT Support Professional
The required educational qualifications of an IT support technician are as follows:
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or any related branch preferred.
- An associate degree is the minimum qualification to be considered.
Core Competencies Required For An IT Support Professional
- Excellent customer relation skills in order to provide flawless support for them.
- Proficient in Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7, Linux etc.
- Good working knowledge of all desktop applications and malware applications.
- Ability to load and troubleshoot various software and hardware systems.
- Good knowledge of various networking concepts.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Good phone and email etiquettes.
- Willing to work in a flexible schedule.
Posted in Job Requirements